Assistente Project Manager-Water & Sanitation
Duration: 12 months
Department: MLFM /AMAZI MEZA PROJECT
MLFM is an international non-profit organization that aims at improving access to safe drinking water, adequate sanitation, and hygiene education. MLFM works hand in hand with the local authorities to improve water and sanitation policies to meet the needs of the population and reach the targets of the Sustainable Development Goals.
MLFM has secured fund from AICS (Italian Agency for Development Cooperation) to finance Amazi Meza Project, a 3-year long project in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) that will operate in Gatsibo Districts from 2021 to 2025.
Amazi meza Project, Strengthening the access to potable water and hygiene for the rural Rwandan population" to be carried out in Rwanda, in the Eastern province, Gatsibo District, Sector of Kageyo
MLFM is seeking to recruit an Environmental technical Specialist with the following qualification and competencies for the Amazi Meza Project.
Major responsibilities and duties:
- Undertake a baseline assessment and needs assessment of Gatsibo urban area to estimate the quantity of liquid waste/sludge to be collected and treated (for the current situation/population as well as a scenario five years in the future, assuming current levels of population growth), physical characterization of the fecal sludge to be treated (based upon collection of representative samples), and proper sizing of the the Decentralized Fecal Sludge Treatment Plant.
- Provide a detailed design of the Decentralized Faecal Sludge Treatment Plant including sizing, material specifications, drawings, site layout, bills of quantities
- Develop an operation manual of the designed and approved facility.
- Preparation of Environmental related instruments such as the Project Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF); Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP); and Labour Management Procedures (LMP)
- Develop a financial analysis of operational and maintenance costs, possible income sources and required tariffs.
- Develop a financial analysis of the required CAPEX and OPEX investments to create (a) fertilizer, and (b) soil amendment/conditioner, as well as likely production estimates based upon the design capacity of the Decentralized Faecal Sludge Treatment Plant.
- Assess the potential market viability for fecal sludge reuse products (specifically cooking briquettes and bio fertilizers), with a comparison against similar existing products in the local market system. This market assessment shall also evaluate consumer acceptance of these products and likely market size.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, Sanitary Engineering, Wastewater Engineering, Civil Engineering
- At one (1) year of working experience in the Design of wastewater treatment plants
- At least Five years Working Experience in General
- Good computer knowledge (Engineering Software) skills like Sanitary Modeling/ SewerCAD, Robotic for Structure analysis, ArchiCAD, AutoCAD, ArcGIS/QGIS
- Excellent organizational/logistic, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain sound ethical principles, integrity, and transparency of the due process.
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- Ability to work in a team on field, interpersonal qualities, flexibility with respect to job priority.
- Experience in community mobilization
- The initiative, availability/capacity to learn.
- Organized and rigorous
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
How to Apply:
If you are qualified apply with an application letter including your Salary expectation along with a detailed curriculum vitae (resume), relevant academic documents, and contact details of at least three (3) referees to this position. Please submit your application Documents in English to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Application done via Linkedin will NOT be considered.
Women are encouraged to apply!
Applications need to be received no later than 13 March 2024 at 5:00pm (Italy time) (1+GMT Time)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further Procedure.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date once enough applications have been received.